Summer Camp Volunteer Opportunity
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Seeking volunteer camp counselors and mentors interested in making a difference in the lives of youth affected by HIV/AIDS and/or trans youth for the summer of 2018! Want to make an impact? Ready to join a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive volunteer community? No cost to volunteer. Room and board provided during the volunteer experience. Volunteer in Big Bear, CA this summer!
Session 1 (serving youth affected by HIV/AIDS): June 30, July 7, 2018
Training Dates: June 9-10, 2018
Session 2 (serving trans youth): July 28-August 3, 2018
Training Dates: July 14-15, 2018
Deadline to Apply: May 30, 2018
*Applications first come first serve and are accepted on a rolling basis*
For more information about the volunteer experience and/or to download a volunteer application please visit: http://www.laurel-foundation.org/volunteer/
Camp Director Jo Vance: email@example.com
Braelyn Joy Travis: firstname.lastname@example.org
UCSD Blood Bash 2017
Monday, May 15, 2017
Red Cross at UCSD is hosting their third annual weeklong blood drive event! "This is the LARGEST blood donation event in SoCal! San Diego county is still in a blood deficit crisis due to the Zika virus rendering numerous individuals ineligible to donate. As the primary supplier of blood to the entire UCSD Health System, the American Red Cross is in dire need. Patients who need a blood transfusion in order to LIVE might not be able to get one because there simply isn't enough blood in our reserves, so we are forming this effort once again to mitigate this dangerous crisis. Our goal is to collect 400 units, which has the potential to SAVE 1200 LIVES."
All donors will receive free food, drinks, gifts, and prizes.
Dates, Times, and Locations:
Monday May 15 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Red Shoe/Bear Room
Tuesday May 16 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Red Shoe/Bear Room
Wednesday May 17 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM at the Red Shoe/Bear Room
Thursday May 18 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Dolores Huerta Room
Friday May 19 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at the Red Shoe/Bear Room
To sign up to donate blood, first ensure you are eligible to donate, especially if you have traveled outside of the United States recently: http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/eligibility-requirements
1. Go to www.redcrossblood.org or download the blood donor app and enter sponsor code: bloodbash
2. Pick your appointment date and time (for first-time users, basic information is required, such as your name and birthday).
3. You are done and now ready to save 3 to 6 lives!
4. Optional, but recommended: Complete your health survey onlline at http://www.redcrossblood.org/rapidpass on the day of your blood donation before you donate to save 15 minutes of doing this on-site.
Walk-ins are welcome, but may have a longer wait time.
If you cannot donate blood, or you would like another opportunity to help, you may also volunteer! Please sign up on this Google Form in order to volunteer: http://docs.google.com/a/ucsd.edu/forms/d/e/1FAlpQLSerJVBltUhpuuwDllBcClcdJK35j-q5MttcLZO1GKUMKHDFPw/viewform
UCSD Blood Bash 2017 Facebook event page for more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/195245967627453/
If you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns, please conact Siobhán Lin-Nugent through Facebook or e-mail email@example.com, or contact Rajiv Vasudevan or Hasan Makda through Facebook.
UCSD Cares Presents: Feeding San Diego Off Campus Service Trip
Sunday, April 16, 2017
Join UCSD Cares at Feeding San Diego, an organization which helps to help feed more than 490,000 children, families, and seniors in need every year. Volunteers help with a variety of projects, including sorting, cleaning, bagging and boxing food, as well as administrative support. Transportation will be provided from UCSD to the Feeding San Diego warehouse; space is limited and you must RSVP. RSVP to sign up directly with Feeding San Diego 48 hours prior to the event.
Date: Saturday April 22, 2017
Time: 1:00-3:00 PM
Location: 9455 Waples Street, Suite 135 San Diego, CA 92121
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/182606908915279/?active_tab=about
Please contact Siobhán Lin-Nugent through Facebook Messenger or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, and/or concerns.
The Princess Project
Sunday, April 9, 2017
The Princess Project promotes self-confidence and individual beauty by providing free prom dresses and accessories to high school girls who cannot otherwise afford them."
Event: Dress Giveaways
Dates: Wednesday April 12, Wednesday April 19, Thursday April 20, and Saturday April 22, 2017.
Time: Shifts ranging from 9:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Location: Horton Plaza, 324 Horton Plaza, San Diego, CA 92101
Help teenagers feel beautiful as you assist them in finding their dream dress! Hundreds of women are needed. Must be 21 or over. Please fill out the required Volunteer Waiver prior to your shift.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- This volunteer job is perfect for volunteers who would like an early morning opportunity, while getting in some exercise and making sure our students get to school safe and ready to learn. Or you can visit The Monarch School to give the gift of time to students and staff—by volunteering to help with reading, sports and more or helping with the numerous tasks necessary to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- -Monarch School is adding a Volunteer Safety Patrol in our partnership with the Safe Routes to School Team.
- -If you are interested for the morning opportunity please RSVP for the training at the event link:
- -If you are interested in their more involved volunteer opportunities, you can visit their website here:
- -Monarch School, 1625 Newton Avenue, San Diego, CA 92113 (21 minutes drives from UCSD)